Saturday, November 19, 2011

What medium should I use to build a scale model?

I've been asked to make a scale model of this dudes backyard- he wants to use it to help him visualize some landscaping/renovating. i'm doing it in 1/4'' scale- not worried about that part. Im not sure what medium i should do this in. I was thinking Polymer clay might be the best....I want something that he can possibly manipulate a little. Is there any other good way to go about it? hmmm....

What medium should I use to build a scale model?
My home's yard, I drafted up the basic layout of measurements on graph paper (one square per foot) including the walkway, etc.. All that was permanent was traced in marker. All ideas was in pencil. Of course this is more of a planning blueprint than a model.





For a model, go to dollar store for a cookie sheet and make sure that a magnet will stick to it. You can paint it green for grass, etc.. or glue green felt or material on it, if you wish. Get magnets at the craft store and attach/glue to bottom of plastic trees, etc.. from hobby shops or of your own creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment