Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Can I curl synthtic kankelon medium sized braids?

I have medium sized braids braided with kanekalon in my hair. Can I use big curlers to make the braids wavy/curly? And if I do will they stay in for a long time? How would I go about this?

Can I curl synthtic kankelon medium sized braids?
yes curlers will work and if you want them to stay for a long time here is how. Boil hot water over stove, while waiting, roll your braids in the curlers[not one at a time,maybe 5-6 braids in one roller],once the water is hot carefully put a few of your rollers [with hair still there] in the water for about a min. Then remove from heat and take a clean towel to ring out extra water.Then just do the same thing for the rest of your hair,and once your done take out all rollers and TA-DA! u have curli hair. I can't really explain it that well as of now, but if your considering my answer,feel free to e-mail me!
Reply:I only scanned the above answerers answer, but she seems to have it exactly right.


Only thing, when I used to use Kanekalon fiber, instead of using rollers, I would simply braid the braids into big braids, - for example, you could probably make 10 fat braids with your full head of single braids. Then you'd dip those into your basin of hot water. Curling your hair this way, however, will give you a different type of curl as opposed to the 'roller' style braid.





Rollers/Hot Water - This Type Curl:


http://images.askmen.com/galleries/singe... (you know, the drop curl look, I couldn't find a picture with braids)





Big Braids/Hot Water - This Type Curl:


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31...





Once you do the hot water thing, it will last for quite a while, at least a month. It's then very easy to either re-curl to tighten them up, or, get them straight again, by simply boiling another pot of water, pouring it into a basin, then letting the curled braids sit in the water for a bit to steam and essentially straighten back out.











I've been microbraiding my hair since yesterday (Saturday) morning, and I am just here procrastinating........ I'd better get back... good luck.

deodorizers

No comments:

Post a Comment